At Bermondsey Electronics Ltd we look after the personal data you give to us.
This policy sets out what we do with your data and why as well as how to contact us if you have any concerns or questions.
What do you do with information that I give to you?
Where you get in touch with us (by filling in forms on our site or by emailing us, telephoning us or otherwise contacting us) we’re likely to collect your email address, telephone number and similar contact information.
What other information do you receive about me?
We may also receive information about you automatically, for example:
- When you visit our site we automatically collect technical information, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, whereabouts you connected to our service, your internet service provider (ISP), and what type of device you are using to access our service.
- If you call us we may automatically collect the phone number used to call us, a recording of all inbound and outbound calls.
- If you use services that we provide to you we may collect data related to those services such as details of employees using the Apps that we host for you.
- We are working closely with other organisations, and may receive information from them including Google, Amazon Web Services, hosting providers and IT providers.
Why do we collect this information?
We use this information in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We use this information:
- in order to take steps necessary to assess whether we can enter into a contract with you and in order to perform our contract with you. This includes carrying out our obligations to you and providing you with our products and services;
- for the purpose of improving our service to you, to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to deal with any legal queries relating to your use of our service;
- to provide you with service communications so that you receive a full and functional service and so we can perform our obligations to you. These may be sent by email [or post or, if the circumstances require it, we may contact you by phone]. These will include notifications about changes to our service;
- to provide you with marketing communications including, with your permission, information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
Information we collect automatically. We will use this information for the following purposes:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to help us provide you with our services.to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
Information we receive from other sources. See the ‘Who might we share your information with?’ section below for details of how we use information in conjunction with our associated third parties.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
We will keep information about you for a maximum of 6 years after the end of our relationship with you unless obligations to our regulators require otherwise or we are required remove such data from our records.
Who might we share your information with?
You agree that for the purposes set out in the ‘Why do we collect this information?’ section above, we have the right to share your personal information with:
Selected associated third parties, some of whom we appoint to provide services, including:
- business partners, subsidiaries, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- legal advisors and other advisors who assist in the development of our Services;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- Customer survey providers in order to receive feedback and improve our services.
Additionally, we will disclose your personal information to the relevant third party:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
How is your data stored and kept secure?
At Bermondsey Electronics, we take your safety and security very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal and financial information. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We may transfer your data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). We will only do so if adequate protection measures are in place in compliance with data protection legislation.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What are your rights?
Where processing of your personal data is based on consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
You have the following rights. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
You have the right:
- to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes;
- to ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests provided that there are no compelling reasons for that processing;
- to ask us not to process your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes, where relevant, unless the processing is necessary in the public interest.to request from us access to personal information held about you;
- to ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to ask for data to be erased provided that the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, you withdraw consent (if the legal basis for processing is consent), you exercise your right to object, set out below, and there are no overriding legitimate ground for processing, the data is unlawfully processed, the data needs to be erased to comply with a legal obligation or the data is children’s data and was collected in relation to an offer of information society services;
- to ask for the processing of that information to be restricted if the accuracy of that data is contested, the processing is unlawful, the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or you exercise your right to object (pending verification of whether there are legitimate grounds for processing);to ask for data portability if the processing is carried out by automated means and the legal basis for processing is consent or contract.
For the purpose of data protection legislation, the data controller is Bermondsey Electronics Ltd, Company Number 10524932, registered office Unit B.505, The Biscuit Factory, Drummond Road, London, England, SE16 4DG. Should you have any issues, concerns or problems in relation to your data, or wish to notify us of data which is inaccurate, please let us know by contacting us using the contact details above. In the event that you are not satisfied with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority, which is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK, at any time. The ICO’s contact details are available here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.